Saturday, June 15, 2013

Project Moonlight

Project Moonlight is another game I'm working on(I haven't yet decided on a final name).
This game is also made with the Unity engine. I'm very excited about the music that will be featured in this game! I contacted electronic artist "Clearside" about using his music in my game and he was very kind to grant me permission! A special thanks to Clearside!, and I'm honored to have such a great soundtrack in my game. Check out his site here: http://clearsidemusic.com/

The game right now is about preventing ships from passing through a portal. Kind of like a tower defense game except it is first-person. I may add a free roam AI FPS mode to it later on, where you kill as many AI enemies as you can and destroy the portals that they come out of.

An interesting gameplay aspect about this game is the ability to clutter the sky with the debris of the destroyed ships, causing oncoming ships to collide and be deflected away from the portal. So the more ships that you destroy, the more chance that other ships won't make it through the portal.

Here is a quick clip of the game in its current state, it looks darker in the video than in the game, and sorry about the very low quality of the video, I don't know why it's so bad :(

 
 
 
A pic looking at the portal
Viewing the oncoming ships
Taking aim of the ships!
 When you destroy a ship, a new "destroyed version" is instansiated with colliders on the separate pieces. This allows the other ships to collide with the pieces and possibly be deflected far enough off course to miss the portal entirely!
The remains of a destroyed ship



No comments:

Post a Comment